Friday, January 9, 2009

Encouragement for homeschooling

As a homeschooling mother I know I can use encouragement from time to time.
Inspirational verses have always been a favorite of mine. Sometimes it just feels good to see a little postcard with a favorite verse, pinned up on a bulletin board or taped into your lesson planner.

As we close our 2008 and go into the second half of our school year I wanted to share some of my favorite inspirational quotes with you.

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality. - Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

For more check out: Knowledge House's Homeschool Quotations, educational quotations, and bible verses

What are your favorite quotations or sources for encouragement?

2 comments:

Jess said...

A few of my fav are:

"HE never said it would be easy."

"Just Do It!"

"Life is mind over matter.....
If you dont mind.. It dont matter..."

I have more but am pulling a brain fart right now... so I will share more later when I can remember them... lol....

Great blog!!!

Marybeth said...

We read a bio of Beatrix Potter when the movie came out and one of the things that stuck with me was how much her childhood did shape the writer she became. I would highly recommend reading a children's bio of her to your kids-- then watch the movie "Miss Potter" as well as read some of her books-- a great mini unit study!

Thanks for the tip about The Boy Who Was Raised By Librarians-- I would have missed that one without you!! I have requested it at my library and hope to have it soon!

Post a Comment

 

profile

My photo
Wife to a Road Warrior CEO, Mother of 5, Infertility Survivor, Adoptive Parent, Queen of my Castle, stay at home actress & Trophy Mom!

copyright

All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Karin Katherine and Ed Resources online blog (© 2009). Please do not copy pictures without receiving written permission. Links to my blog or post must be included when using any portion of my content. Please ask permission first. Thank you!

blog design:

this blog designed by: